January 3, 2020
On the eve of CES Jan. 7-10, Xperi announced that its FotoNation imaging technology will be offered under the DTS brand along with its audio solutions.
“DTS will now move forward under a single premium brand inclusive of audio, imaging and sensing solutions,” according to an Xperi press release.
“Building upon DTS’s foundation of innovation in audio, our brand repositioning reflects our view that consumers will delight and engage in even more immersive and intuitive ways with their favorite content as we bring more integrated and advanced imaging and sensing technology to optimize content presentation and device playback,” said Kevin Doohan, Xperi’s chief marketing officer. “We are strategically pushing the DTS brand beyond the outstanding sound solutions customers and consumers have always known it to stand for, while integrating FotoNation’s trusted innovative technology and solutions under the redefined DTS brand.”
At CES, Xperi will demonstrate:
- Imax Enhanced, the premium home entertainment certification and licensing program from Imax and DTS available on four streaming platforms in seven countries worldwide and 17 device manufacturers;
- DTS:X TV, a comprehensive immersive audio solution for televisions supporting decode, playback, and transcode of DTS:X bitstreams with full backward compatibility for streaming and disc-based DTS bitstreams;
- DTS Virtual:X, which creates an immersive home theater experience using only a sound bar, TV speakers, or through speakers connected to an A/V receiver;
- DTS Play-Fi, which brings wireless audio features such as surround sound, whole-home TV audio streaming, multi-room music, and app-based wireless headphone support to the entertainment hub of every room; and
- DTS:XPro, an advanced audio decoder solution that brings greater spatial resolution to premium home cinema systems with support for up to 30.2 channels of audio in nearly any practical speaker layout.