‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Top-Selling Movie of 2021 in U.K. Through June

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s Wonder Woman 1984 is the top-selling home entertainment movie in the United Kingdom of 2021 so far, according to Official Charts Company data. The film tops out the year-to-date chart, which lays out the top 40 biggest films in the U.K. across disc and digital sales of the first six months of 2021.

WW84 has racked up 216,000 sales over the first six months of the year, with 67% of its total made up of DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K UHD, and the other 33% on digital download. The DC films production starring Gal Gadot spent six consecutive weeks atop the Official Film Chart, and 18 weeks in the Top 10.

Zack Snyder’s Justice League sits at No. 2, though it’s closely followed by Godzilla vs. Kong at No. 3, with a difference of just 1,600 unit sales between the two films, which have each spent several weeks each at No. 1 on the chart.

Other new releases for 2021 include Roald Dahl’s The Witches (No. 7), Bill & Ted Face the Music (No. 9), Raya and the Last Dragon (No. 15) and The Secret Garden (No. 17).

The biggest movie on the chart not released this year is Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s Spider-Man: Far From Home, from 2019, which landed at No. 4, and Warner’s 2020 Christopher Nolan thriller Tenet at No. 5. Still one of the U.K.’s most successful films more than three years post-release, 20th Century’s The Greatest Showman sits at No. 6.

While animated films such as Universal’s Trolls World Tour (No. 14), Sing (No. 20), Soul (No. 24) and Scoob! (No. 25) are among the most popular of the last six months, several live-action/animation hybrid releases also are performing well in 2021, with Tom & Jerry at No. 13, Sonic the Hedgehog at No. 16, Peter Rabbit hopping to No. 27 and Pokémon: Detective Pikachu landing at No. 37.

U.K. Top Home Entertainment Movies Through June 30

Position Movie
1 WONDER WOMAN 1984
2 ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE
3 GODZILLA VS KONG
4 SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
5 TENET
6 THE GREATEST SHOWMAN
7 ROALD DAHL’S THE WITCHES
8 JOKER
9 BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC
10 GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

© Official Charts Company 2021

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 × 2 =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.