Walt Disney World Cancels All Reservations, ‘FastPass’ Access, Behind-the-Scenes Tours Through End of the Year

Disney’s rush to re-open shuttered theme parks in Florida has run into the reality that is social distancing.

With all of the media giant’s domestic theme parks shuttered due to the coronavirus pandemic, Disney had been taking reservations 180 days out for dining, behind-the-scenes tours and other events for a phased re-opening of Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., on July 11.

With consumer demand escalating, Disney realized it could no longer accept reservations and still meet its own and CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines.

Subscribe HERE to the FREE Media Play News Daily Newsletter!

“As a result of the limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year,” Disney wrote on the DisneyWorld.com website.

Disney said it was switching from a 180-day booking window to 60-day to give consumers better control of planning for their visit. In addition, the park’s popular “FastPass” feature giving holders easier access to rides and attractions has been suspended.

“Our focus remains on the health and well being of the entire Disney community — including ‘cast members’ who are caring for and securing our parks and resorts during the closure,” Disney said.

Follow us on Instagram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 + 18 =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.