August 14, 2020
Vizio announced the launch of a dozen free kids and family linear TV channels for SmartCast users.
SmartCast users can find 24/7 content options from:
- Ameba, a children’s video streaming service with kids TV shows, family movies and kids music videos designed to spark children’s curiosity and empower them to explore;
- Brat TV, which features teen stars such as Dixie D’Amelio and Annie LeBlanc in live-action original series;
- Giggle Mug, with collections of videos that kids and the entire family can enjoy featuring TV shows such as “Tara Duncan,” “Robot Trains,”’ YooHoo & Friends,” “Besty’s Kindergarten Adventures,” “Miniforce” and more;
- HappyKids Junior, a destination dedicated to educating and entertaining preschoolers with shows such as “Cat in the Hat,” “Thomas & Friends,” “Care Bears,” “Super Simple Songs,” “Blippi” and “Mofy”;
- HappyKids.tv, with programming that educates and entertains kids 6-plus with popular and safe shows, music and movies including “Sonic,” “Hot Wheels,” “Barbie,” “Bakugan,” “Winx Club” and more;
- Kid Gamer TV, in which popular gamers create experiences in the universes of Minecraft and Roblox;
- Kidoodle.TV, a Safe Streaming platform with content hand-picked by parents, including shows such as “PAW Patrol,” “LEGO City,” “Abdallah Smash,” “Talking Tom,” “True and the Rainbow Kingdom,” “Little Baby Bum,” “Pocoyo,” “Oddbods” and more;
- The Official LEGO Channel, a channel dedicated to inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow where kids can watch their favorite Minifigure characters;
- SQAD, with eSports, sports and gaming content targeting teens, tweens and video game lovers of all ages;
- Tankee Gaming, a safe channel where kids and families can enjoy gaming content featuring Minecraft, Roblox, Nintendo hits and more by their favorite gamers;
- Toon Goggles, with kids shows such as “Angry Birds,” “Talking Tom,” “Om Nom,” “Gummy Bears,” “Sonic,” “Yu-Gi-Oh!” and more; and
- WowNow Kids, the home of original animated adventures, educational series, and sing-alongs with Dove-approved movies and TV for families and children of all ages.
Upcoming free updates to SmartCast will add personalized viewing recommendations based on frequently used streaming channels, and family-friendly content reviews from Common Sense Media, according to the company.
“Today Vizio is making thousands of hours of free children’s programming available to our SmartCast users, as people increasingly make streaming part of their daily routines,” said Katherine Pond, VP of business development for Vizio, in a statement. “With the uncertainty of the upcoming school year, parents will be looking for alternate ways to entertain and educate their children from inside the home. Vizio is pleased to make these programs available to ensure high quality content for children and peace of mind for parents.”
Vizio has seen a spike in engagement for kids and family content as families continue to stay home, according to the company. Apps with content for kids and family have historically seen around 35% more engagement than the average app on SmartCast.
The new channels can be found under the “Free Channels” section from the SmartCast Home screen and will complement Vizio’s WatchFree service. In total, SmartCast viewers have access to more than 200 free linear TV channels of news, TV shows, movies and sports.
“We’re excited to officially launch our Giggle Mug kids channel on Vizio SmartCast. The growing platform has a wonderful lineup of kids channels available, and we’re proud to be included,” said Jesse Janson, EVP of acquisitions and business development for Janson Media, in a statement.
“We are excited for the HappyKids launch as part of Vizio SmartCast’s kid programming, which is so timely. We will be bringing our expansive library of premium shows, movies and educational content to millions of Vizio SmartCast families all delivered in a kids-safe environment,” said Vikrant Mathur, co-founder of Future Today, in a statement.
“Kidoodle.TV’s inclusion on Vizio SmartCast is a great way to support millions of families with our Safe Streaming service and we couldn’t be happier to work with a world-class platform,” said Neil Gruniniger, president and chief product officer, in a statement.
“We are honored to have the Tankee Gaming channel available to Vizio SmartCast, giving millions of kids a wealth of safe and entertaining gaming content while providing parents with peace of mind,” saidGerald Youngblood, Tankee CEO, in a statement.
“We are incredibly excited for the launch of the WowNow Kids channel on Vizio Smartcast. Children and their parents can now enjoy the hundreds of movies and television shows from our extensive library of animated content for free. Vizio is delivering an unbelievable value to Smartcast users.” Ryan Swenar, director of sales and business development for Wow Now Entertainment, in a statement.