December 3, 2020
The Russell Crowe thriller Unhinged climbed to No. 1 on the weekly “Watched at Home” chart the week ended Nov. 28. Distributed by Lionsgate, the film switched places on the chart with the previous week’s top title, The New Mutants.
Warner’s National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation moved up to No. 3 on the chart that tracks transactional video activity (both digital and on DVD and Blu-ray Disc) compiled from studio and retailer data through DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
Warner’s Elf, the 2003 film starring Will Ferrell as a man returning to society after being raised at Santa’s workshop, moved up a spot to No. 4.
Rounding out the top five was the eight-film “Harry Potter” collection, also from Warner.
Newcomers to the list include Paramount’s Love and Monsters at No. 15, RLJE’s Always and Forever at No. 16, and Paramount’s Fatman at No. 20.
Love and Monsters is a post-apocalyptic adventure film starring Dylan O’Brien as a man on a quest to reunite with his girlfriend (Jessica Henwick) despite a landscape populated by large mutant monsters.
Always and Forever, from Urban Movie Channel, is an indie drama about a woman (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) whose seemingly perfect life is shattered when her childhood friend is found dead.
Fatman stars Mel Gibson as an action-oriented Santa who must fight off an assassin sent by an angry kid.
Among catalog titles new to the list were Paramount’s 1987 comedy Planes, Trains and Automobiles, starring Steve Martin and John Candy, at No. 11. And Warner’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy popped onto the list at No. 14 in advance of the Dec. 1 of the films on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc.
- Unhinged (Lionsgate)
- The New Mutants (Disney/20th Century)
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (Warner)
- Elf (Warner)
- Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner)
- Friends: The Complete Series (Warner)
- Yellowstone: Season 1 (Paramount)
- Home Alone (20th Century)
- Antebellum (Lionsgate)
- Yellowstone: Season 2 (Paramount)
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles (Paramount)
- The Polar Express (Warner)
- Yellowstone: Season 3 (Paramount)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Warner)
- Love and Monsters (Paramount)
- Always and Forever (RLJ)
- The Office: The Complete Series (Universal)
- Jumanji: The Next Level (Sony Pictures)
- After We Collided (Open Road)
- Fatman (Paramount)
Source: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
Includes U.S. digital sales, digital rentals, and DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K Ultra HD sales for the week ended Nov. 28.