October 8, 2020
Tubi, a division of Fox Entertainment, Oct. 8 announced it has launched “News on Tubi” in the United States, featuring free access to live and VOD content from Fox Television Stations, NewsNow from Fox, Fox Soul, Bloomberg TV, NBC News NOW, PeopleTV, CBC, WeatherNation, Cheddar, Altice USA’s News 12 New York, fubo Sports Network, and the Black News Channel.
Fox Entertainment acquired Tubi earlier this year for $440 million in an effort to jumpstart content distribution in the growing ad-supported VOD market, which includes the Roku Channel, IMDb TV, Pluto TV, Samsung TV and Peacock, among others.
Tubi is available on Android, Amazon Fire TV, and the Roku platform.
News on Tubi offers access to 17 feeds from Fox owned and operated television stations in designated market areas that include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Dallas.
“We will continue to evolve ‘News on Tubi’ to offer more choices, while also diversifying other content choices to serve our young, diverse, and growing userbase,” CEO Farhad Massoudi said in a statement.
The platform will expand to offer stations from Hearst Television, as well as news from two of the largest local station groups in the country — covering 24 of the top 25 markets. Later in October, News on Tubi will become the first major streaming home for Euronews World live in the United States, launch the 24-hour Spanish-language news stream from Estrella Media’s Estrella News network, and offer streaming news from USA Today.
Fox Television Stations offered include:
- New York (WNYW-TV)
- Los Angeles (KTTV-TV)
- Chicago (WFLD-TV)
- Philadelphia (WTXF-TV)
- Dallas (KDFW-TV)
- San Francisco (KTVU-TV)
- Washington DC (WTTG-TV)
- Houston (KRIV-TV)
- Atlanta (WAGA-TV)
- Phoenix (KSAZ-TV)
- Tampa (WTVT-TV)
- Seattle (KCPQ-TV)
- Detroit (WJBK-TV)
- Minneapolis (KMSP-TV)
- Orlando (WOFL-TV)
- Milwaukee (WITI-TV)
- Austin (KTBC-TV)
Other channels added include:
- NewsNow from Fox, with breaking news, live events, and stories taking place across the nation;
- Fox Soul, a live and interactive streaming channel dedicated to the African-American viewer celebrating Black culture and dealing with topics that impact the everyday lives of the Black community;
- Black News Channel, which claims to be the nation’s only 24/7 culturally specific news network that reflects the Black community’s diverse viewpoints;
- NBC News Now, the 24/7 streaming service from NBCNews featuring reporting, storytelling and live, breaking news from the global resources of NBC News;
- WeatherNation, which offers local, regional, or national live weather news;
- CBC, with breaking news from Canada and around the world, from Canada’s public broadcaster;
- PeopleTV, the celebrity news and entertainment network powered by the People and Entertainment Weekly newsrooms;
- Bloomberg TV, a 24-hour global business and financial news network covering market trends, investment, international relations, technology, and more;
- Cheddar, the digital-first news network, providing quick updates on trending stories in tech, innovation, business, politics, media, entertainment and culture;
- News 12 New York, the hyperlocal news service dedicated to bringing residents of the Bronx, Brooklyn, Connecticut, the Hudson Valley, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester local news, traffic, weather, sports, and more; and
- fubo Sports Network, the live TV network featuring sports stories on and off the field.
Later this month, Tubi will offer:
- USA Today News;
- Euronews, providing news with a European perspective to a worldwide audience;
- Estrella News, a 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform news channel, delivering relevant and breaking news stories and reports for Hispanics; and
- Hearst Television. which owns and operates 33 television stations serving 26 media markets reaching over 21 million U.S. television households from which Tubi will initially offer Pittsburgh (WTAE-TV ABC) and Manchester, NH (WMUR-TV ABC).