July 23, 2020
DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls World Tour, distributed by Universal Pictures, topped the weekly “Watched at Home” chart the week ended July 18.
It’s the animated sequel’s third week atop the chart that tracks transactional video activity compiled from studio and retailer data through DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group. The film was released for digital sellthrough June 23, and on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and 4K Ultra HD disc July 7.
Screen Media’s VOD war film The Outpost remained at No. 2. Based on the 2012 book by Jake Tapper about the Battle of Kamdesh in Afghanistan, the film stars Orlando Bloom and Scott Eastwood.
Homebound consumers continued to be enthralled with the TV series “Yellowstone,” the three seasons of which rounded out the top five: season one at No. 3, season three at No. 4, and season two at No. 5.
In fact, the top five were the same as last week, though seasons one and three of “Yellowstone” swapped places.
The top newcomers for the week include Criterion Collection’s Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits Blu-ray boxed set, at No. 9, and the VOD horror movie Relic, from IFC Midnight, at No. 11.
- Trolls World Tour (Universal/DreamWorks)
- The Outpost (Screen Media)
- Yellowstone: Season 1 (Paramount)
- Yellowstone: Season 3 (Paramount)
- Yellowstone: Season 2 (Paramount)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount)
- Jumanji: The Next Level (Sony)
- Bad Boys for Life (Sony)
- Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits (Criterion)
- The Invisible Man (Universal)
- Relic (IFC)
- Bloodshot (Sony)
- Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner)
- Birds of Prey (Warner)
- 1917 (Universal)
- Force of Nature (Lionsgate)
- The Gentlemen (Universal/STX)
- The Call of the Wild (Disney)
- Jungle Beat: The Movie (Sandcastle)
- Fantasy Island (Sony Pictures)
Source: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
Includes U.S. digital sales, digital rentals, and DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K Ultra HD sales for the week ended July 18