July 16, 2020
DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls World Tour, distributed by Universal Pictures, topped the weekly “Watched at Home” chart the week ended July 11.
It’s the animated sequel’s second week atop the chart that tracks transactional video activity compiled from studio and retailer data through DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group. The film was released for digital sellthrough June 23, and on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and 4K Ultra HD disc July 7.
Screen Media’s VOD war film The Outpost climbed three spots to No. 2. Based on the 2012 book by Jake Tapper about the Battle of Kamdesh in Afghanistan, the film stars Orlando Bloom and Scott Eastwood.
Homebound consumers continued to be enthralled with the TV series “Yellowstone,” the three seasons of which rounded out the top five: season three at No. 3, season one at No. 4, and season two at No. 5.
For the most part the list contained the same titles as the previous week. Lionsgate’s Force of Nature, about a family defending their home from thieves during a hurricane in Puerto Rico, rose from No. 17 a week earlier, when it was the top-selling disc on the NPD VideoScan chart, to No. 9.
- Trolls World Tour (Universal/DreamWorks)
- The Outpost (Screen Media)
- Yellowstone: Season 3 (Paramount)
- Yellowstone: Season 1 (Paramount)
- Yellowstone: Season 2 (Paramount)
- The Invisible Man (Universal)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount)
- Jumanji: The Next Level (Sony)
- Force of Nature (Lionsgate)
- The Hunt (Universal)
- Bad Boys for Life (Sony)
- The Gentlemen (Universal/STX)
- The Call of the Wild (Disney)
- Birds of Prey (Warner)
- 1917 (Universal)
- Jungle Beat: The Movie (Sandcastle)
- Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner)
- Bloodshot (Sony)
- Spies in Disguise (Fox)
- Dolittle (Universal)
Source: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
Includes U.S. digital sales, digital rentals, and DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K Ultra HD sales for the week ended July 11