February 18, 2021
DreamWorks Animation’s The Croods: A New Age made its debut on the weekly “Watched at Home” chart the week ended Feb. 13.
The film, distributed by Universal Pictures, was made available for digital sellthrough Feb. 9. It was released Nov. 25 in U.S. theaters and topped the weekend box office for three straight weeks before becoming available through premium VOD Dec. 18, then returned to the top of the box office charts this past weekend (Feb. 12-14), pushing its domestic cume to $49 million.
A computer-animated sequel to 2013’s The Croods, A New Age features the voices of Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds and Peter Dinklage, and deals with the caveman Crood family encountering the more civilized Bettermans.
The Croods: A New Age was the only title during the week to make its first appearance on the Watched at Home chart, which tracks transactional video activity (both digital and on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, but not premium VOD or disc rental) compiled from studio and retailer data and presented by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
Vertical Entertainment’s American Skin, which had been No. 1 the previous three weeks, dropped to No. 4 on the Watched at Home.
STX Films’ Greenland, released on Blu-ray and DVD Feb. 9 by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, moved up a spot to No. 2, while Let Him Go slipped a spot to No. 3.
Another Universal release, the horror/comedy hybrid Freaky, returned to the chart at No. 5 after it too was released on Blu-ray and DVD Feb. 9.
- The Croods: A New Age (Universal)
- Greenland (Universal/STX)
- Let Him Go (Universal)
- American Skin (Vertical Entertainment)
- Freaky (Universal)
- Honest Thief (Universal)
- Tenet (Warner)
- Yellowstone: Season 1 (Paramount)
- Yellowstone: Season 3 (Paramount)
- The Office: Complete Series (Universal)
- Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner)
- The War with Grandpa (Universal)
- Yellowstone: Season 2 (Paramount)
- Synchronic (Well Go)
- Songbird (STX)
- Love and Monsters (Paramount)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Warner)
- Wild Mountain Thyme (Universal)
- Come Play (Universal)
- 100% Wolf (Viva Pictures Distribution)
Source: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
Includes U.S. digital sales, digital rentals, and DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K Ultra HD sales for the week ended Feb. 13.