December 28, 2020
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s Tenet debuted at No. 1 on the weekly “Watched at Home” chart the week ended Dec. 19. The latest film from director Christopher Nolan arrived on DVD, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and digital sellthrough Dec. 15 following a $57.9 million haul at the domestic box office.
The next two titles switched places from the previous week as holiday titles continued to sell in the lead-up to Christmas on the chart that tracks transactional video activity (both digital and on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, but not premium VOD or disc rental) compiled from studio and retailer data and presented by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group. No. 2 was Warner’s Elf and No. 3 was Universal’s animated The Grinch.
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation moved up a spot to No. 4, while another Warner title, The Polar Express, jumped three spots to No. 5.
Paramount’s “Yellowstone” continues to do well with home viewers, with the third season, dropping to No. 6 after topping the chart the previous week after its Dec. 8 disc release. Season one was No. 8 and season two was No. 16.
- Tenet (Warner)
- Elf (Warner)
- The Grinch (Universal)
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (Warner)
- The Polar Express (Warner)
- Yellowstone: Season 3 (Paramount)
- Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner)
- Yellowstone: Season 1 (Paramount)
- Home Alone (20th Century)
- A Christmas Story (Warner)
- Fatman (Paramount)
- Love Actually (Universal)
- Friends: The Complete Series (Warner)
- Unhinged (Lionsgate)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Warner, 1966)
- Yellowstone: Season 2 (Paramount)
- The New Mutants (Disney/20th Century)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Warner)
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (20th Century)
- Buddy Games (Paramount)
Source: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
Includes U.S. digital sales, digital rentals, and DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K Ultra HD sales for the week ended Dec. 19.