Paramount Home Entertainment and CBS Home Entertainment will release Star Trek: Discovery — Season Two on Blu-ray and DVD Nov. 12.
The four-disc set will include all 14 episodes of the second season of the CBS All Access original series, plus more than two hours of bonus material.
The season finds the U.S.S. Discovery joining forces with Capt. Pike (Anson Mount) of the U.S.S. Enterprise on a mission to investigate seven mysterious signals across the galaxy apparently created by the mysterious Red Angel, a being associated with the disappearance of Spock (Ethan Peck), the adopted brother of Commander Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green). The cast also includes Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Mary Wiseman, Shazad Latif, Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo, Tig Notaro, Rebecca Romijn and Michelle Yeoh.
The Blu-ray and DVD will also include two “Short Treks” episodes related to the season: “Runaway” and “The Brightest Star.”
Other extras include deleted scenes, a gag reel and commentaries on the episodes “Brother,” “New Eden,” “Through the Valley of Shadows” and “Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2.”
Featurettes offered on the discs include:
- “Enter the Enterprise” — a look at re-created the iconic “Star Trek” starship;
- “Putting it Together” — about the creation of the season finale;
- “The Red Angel” — a behind-the-scenes look at one of the the season’s major plot elements;
- “Designing Discovery: Season Two” — a look at the locations and spaces created for the second season;
- “Prop Me Up: Season Two” — propmaster Mario Moreira shows off the show’s props.
- “Dress for Success: Season Two” — a look at the costume design;
- “Creature Comforts: Season Two” — producers, craftsmen and actors discuss the design process, the implementation and the performance required to bring characters to life. Includes a discussion with makeup artist James McKinnon;
- “Creating Space” — showing off the visual effects process;
- “Star Trek: Discovery — The Voyage of Season Two” — a recap of the season.
Internationally, the Blu-ray and DVD sets will be released Nov. 18 in the U.K., Nov. 19 in Italy, Nov. 21 in Germany, Nov. 22 in Spain, Nov. 25 in the Nordics, Nov. 27 in Benelux, Nov. 28 in Denmark and Dec. 4 in France. Japan and Australia release dates are pending.