Paramount Home Entertainment Sept. 17 is releasing a limited collector’s edition Blu-ray steelbook of Galaxy Quest for its 20th anniversary exclusively at Best Buy.
The sci-fi send-up about aging TV actors who encounter aliens stars Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Enrico Colantoni, Daryl Mitchell and Justin Long.
Subscribe HERE to the FREE Media Play News Daily Newsletter!
Special features include:
- “Galactopedia,” on-screen information about characters, ships, aliens and more;
- “Historical Documents: The Story of Galaxy Quest,” with cast and filmmakers discussing the making of the film;
- “Never Give Up, Never Surrender: The Intrepid Crew of the NSEA Protector,” about the cast;
- “By Grabthar’s Hammer, What Amazing Effects,” which explores the effects by ILM and Stan Winston;
- “Alien School—Creating the Thermian Race,” about actor Enrico Colantoni’s process of developing the voice and manner of an alien race;
- “Actors in Space,” which delves into the psyche of the cast;
- “Sigourney Weaver Raps”;
- deleted scenes; and
- the theatrical trailer.
The sci-fi classic Alien will come out on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc with a new 4K UHD master April 23 for its 40th anniversary from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
A limited edition 4K UHD Steelbook of the Alien 40th Anniversary Edition will also be available exclusively at Best Buy.
Subscribe HERE to our FREE daily newsletter!
In the film that birthed the successful franchise, the crew of the deep space tug Nostromo awaken from stasis during a voyage home to Earth when their ship’s computer detects what is believed to be an alien distress signal coming from the desolate nearby moon, LV-426. While investigating, one of the crew, Kane (John Hurt), is attacked by an alien creature that latches to his face and he is rushed back to the Nostromo to receive medical treatment. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the ship’s warrant officer, advises against Kane’s return due to quarantine regulations — but her orders are ignored by Ash (Ian Holm), bringing the Nostromo under threat from a mysterious, extraterrestrial apex predator with violent and lethal survival instincts.
Special features include:
- the 1979 Theatrical Version;
- the 2003 Director’s Cut;
- the 2003 audio commentary by Ridley Scott and the cast and crew;
- the 1999 audio commentary by Ridley Scott (1979 theatrical version only);
- the final theatrical isolated score in Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 theatrical version only);
- the composer’s original isolated score in Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 theatrical version only);
- and deleted scenes.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery, with the 4K scans done at EFilm.