Cinedigm and FreeCast announced an agreement that will bring 11 of Cinedigm’s streaming, free ad-supported television (FAST) channels to SelectTV and other SmartGuide-powered services.
The SmartGuide is an aggregated television platform, providing on-demand and linear television that includes ad-supported, subscription, and pay-per-view content. The company’s distribution via the internet and ability to monetize content via dynamic ad-insertion (DAI) mean that even channels with smaller audiences can be commercially viable, and larger channels can find new viewers online as more watching transitions to the web.
Subscribe HERE to the FREE Media Play News Daily Newsletter!
“As the television viewing audience continues to shift away from established cable and satellite providers onto OTT, it is critical that Cinedigm make it’s channels widely available,” Tony Huidor, GM of digital Nnetworks. “It is through the high-scalability of our Matchpoint platform and via partners, such as FreeCast, that we can ensure our viewers that they can find our content on every platform and every OTT service out there.”
The channels include:
- Bambu — Chinese cinema and TV;
- Bloody Disgusting — A top horror destination featuring an assortment of celebrated cult favorites, original series and exclusive content;
- The Bob Ross Channel — Official channel dedicated to the work of iconic painter Bob Ross;
- ComedyDynamics — The tastemaker for comedy featuring standup performances by Jim Gaffigan, Tiffany Haddish, Iliza Shlesinger, Marc Maron and many more;
- CONtv — The destination for cult and retro film and TV series;
- ContvAnime — 24/7 anime;
- Docurama — Award-winning true-life documentaries, films and TV series. An eclectic mix of thought-provoking entertainment;
- Dove Channel — Family movies and iconic TV series including “Heartland,” “The Andy Griffith Show” and “The Lucy Show”;
- MyTime — Heart-stopping thrillers, date-night rom-coms, heartwarming holiday favorites, and original programming;
- So … Real — British and Australian lifestyle and reality TV series, including “Gordon Behind Bars” and “Only Way is Essex,” from All3 Media;
- Whistle Sports — Sports and lifestyle entertainment.
“We’re excited to work with Cinedigm and add their channels to SelectTV, because that’s what this business has always been all about,” said FreeCast CEO William Mobley. “We help consumers get access to channels that match their interests, and we help programmers reach audiences that are interested in their content. And we do it for both much more affordably than traditional TV networks and providers do.”