Time Life has set a Feb. 18 Blu-ray Disc debut date for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Concert, a three-part collection giving viewers the opportunity to view in concert some of the biggest names in rock history throughout the 1960s, ’70s, and ’80s.
The collection consists of six discs that include nearly 30 hours of entertainment, at a suggested retail price of $69.99.
Previously, the collection was only available on DVD in regular and deluxe editions.
Among the performing artists are Alice Cooper, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Electric Light Orchestra, Heart, James Taylor, Journey, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Ringo Starr, Simon and Garfunkel, Sting, Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, Stevie Nicks, Glenn Frey, Green Day, Yes, Bill Withers, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Beastie Boys, Genesis, N.W.A., Randy Newman, Public Enemy and U2.
Housed in one collector’s case are three distinct Blu-ray collections, each consisting of two discs: Rock Hall in Concert, Rock Hall In Concert — Encore, and The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts.
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: In Concert features 53 iconic performances from the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 induction ceremonies, including:
- Bruce Springsteen joining inductees the E Street Band for the deep-cut classic “The E Street Shuffle” from the Boss’s second album, from 1973.
- Legendary grunge-rock group Pearl Jam delivering thundering performances of “Alive,” “Given to Fly” and “Better Man.”
- The two surviving members of Nirvana joined on stage by Lorde, Annie Clark, Kim Gordon and Joan Jett for emotional renderings of the group’s biggest hits.
- Cat Stevens performing “Father & Son.”
Journey performing three classic cuts: “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” “Lights” and “Don’t Stop Believin’.”
- Hall of Fame induction speeches including Coldplay’s Chris Martin inducting Peter Gabriel and Metallica’s Lars Ulrich inducting Deep Purple.
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: In Concert – Encore features 44 iconic performances from the 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 induction ceremonies.
- Celebrated Canadian power trio Rush performing fiery classics “Tom Sawyer” and “The Spirit of Radio.”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers leading a searing all-star jam session of “Higher Ground” anchored by Slash and Ron Wood.
- Heart performing “Crazy on You” before being joined onstage by fellow members of Seattle rock royalty from Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.
- Alice Cooper ripping into ferocious versions of “Eighteen” and “Under My Wheels” before closing the set with Rob Zombie on “School’s Out.
- Donovan joined onstage by John Mellencamp for a chilling performance of “Season of the Witch.”
- Hall of Fame induction speeches including Don Henley inducting Randy Newman and Neil Young inducting Tom Waits.
And The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts showcase the Rock Hall of Fame’s two-night 25th anniversary concert, held Oct. 29 and 30, 2009, in Madison Square Garden.
- Mick Jagger and Fergie in a blistering version of the Rolling Stones’ classic “Gimme Shelter,” with U2
- Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel for a duet of “Born to Run.”
- Sting joining Jeff Beck for the Curtis Mayfeld classic “People Get Ready.”
- Paul Simon, David Crosby and Graham Nash teaming up on the George Harrison classic “Here Comes the Sun.”
- Ozzy Osbourne singing with Metallica on the Black Sabbath classics “Iron Man” and “Paranoid.”
- John Fogerty and Bruce Springsteen sharing vocals on the late Roy Orbison’s “Oh, Pretty Woman.”