The 1986 film The Wraith arrives on Blu-ray (plus digital) July 20 from Lionsgate as part of the Vestron Video Collector’s Series.
The Wraith stars Charlie Sheen (“Spin City”), Nick Cassavetes (Face/Off, The Hangover Part II, TV’s “Entourage”), Sherilyn Fenn (“Twin Peaks”) and Randy Quaid. In the film, when four glowing orbs crash into each other over the Arizona desert, they leave in their wake a badass Dodge Turbo Interceptor and its enigmatic, helmeted driver. The next day, the mysterious Jake (Sheen) appears in the town of Brooks, catching the eye of Keri (Fenn) and the ire of Packard (Cassavetes), the ruthless leader of a gang of street racers. When gang members start losing races — and lives — to the Interceptor, the recent death of Keri’s boyfriend suddenly seems connected to the arrival of Jake, the unbeatable car and an avenging entity called The Wraith.
Special features include:
- audio commentary with writer-director Mike Marvin;
- audio commentary with actors Dave Sherrill and Jamie Bozian;
- “Tales from the Desert,” an Interview with writer-director Mike Marvin;
- “Rughead Speaks!,” an Interview with actor Clint Howard;
- “Ride of the Future,” interviews with stunt coordinator Buddy Joe Hooker and transportation coordinator Gary Hellerstein;
- “The Ghost Car,” interviews with visual effects producer Peter Kuran and effects animator Kevin Kutchaver;
- isolated score selections featuring audio interview with co-composer J. Peter Robinson;
- “The Wraith Filming Locations: Then and Now” featurette;
- an alternate title sequence;
- a still gallery;
- the theatrical trailer; and
- TV spots.