The NAB Show’s new digital experience, NAB Show Express, will take place May 13-14, 2020, according to a release from the National Association of Broadcasters.
The platform is free and designed to engage the NAB Show community by offering 24-hour access to content curated and customizable for the global media and entertainment community. NAB Show Express offers three educational channels, on-demand content and a Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
Registration for the event will open April 20 at NABShowExpress.com.
The traditional NAB show in Las Vegas in April was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Powered by Brightcove Inc. and Frequency, NAB Show Express will comprise three education channels that mirror traditional NAB Show experiences. These include:
- BEIT Express, a channel focused on broadcast engineering and information technology;
- NAB Show Experience, offering a variety of educational sessions, product innovation showcases and interviews with industry trailblazers;
- And Tech Talks, an NAB Show Live Special Edition, produced by Broadcast Beat and showcasing relevant conversations with NAB Show community influencers.
Each channel will feature eight hours of content streamed daily and available on-demand. NAB Show Express will also offer NAB Show’s podcast, exploring relevant themes and featuring speakers.
The digital platform will feature more than 100 educational sessions, including interactive panels and select sessions originally slated for the NAB Show in Las Vegas, such as NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith’s State of the Industry address. Education partners include the Advanced Imaging Society, the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC), the Broadcast Education Association (BEA), Future Media Conferences (FMC), #GALSNGEAR, the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA), the International Trade Association for Broadcast and Media Technology Suppliers (IABM), the North American Broadcasters Association (NABA) and the Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE), among others.
The NAB Show Express Solutions Marketplace will offer exhibitor profiles, company-hosted events, press conferences and special offers for those interested in exploring new products and exhibitor news, according to NAB. Resources, such as industry-related white papers, articles, webinars, guides and research reports, will also be available for those who register.
Additionally, NAB Show Express will feature three standalone training and executive leadership events for which separate registrations will be available soon. These include:
- Executive Leadership Summit (May 11), produced in partnership with Variety – free to attend;
- Cybersecurity & Content Protection Summit (May 12), produced in partnership with Content Delivery & Security Association (CDSA) and Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) — registration fees apply;
- And Post | Production World Online (May 17 – 19), produced in partnership with Future Media Conferences (FMC) — registration fees apply.