Shout! Factory has provided an updated list of home release dates for its fall 2020 slate of home video releases. All titles will be available through digital retailers and on VOD, unless otherwise noted. The five-movie slate begins rolling out on Sept. 22 with the following releases:
- Jay Sebring … Cutting To The Truth — a documentary feature by Anthony DiMaria following the artist, designer, and entrepreneur Jay Sebring’s meteoric rise as a cultural icon and his untimely murder at the hands of the Manson family. The documentary serves as an illuminating portrait of Sebring, who is credited with creating the billion-dollar men’s hair and fashion industry and defining iconic Hollywood styles for men. The documentary will be available On Demand and digitally.
- Stuntwomen: The Untold Hollywood Story — Based on the best-selling book by Mollie Gregory, Stuntwomen: The Untold Hollywood Story introduces viewers to the female stunt performers who drive the action behind some of Hollywood’s biggest blockbuster movies, from the first black-and-white “flickers” to today’s high-tech mega epics. The documentary will be available through AppleTV, Amazon, Vudu, GooglePlay, Hoopla, Fandango Now, Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and Charter.
Coming on Sept. 25 is the following release:
- Misbehaviour — A comedic drama telling the story of the Women’s Liberation Movement and its leaders’ overnight rise to fame after they disrupted the 1970 Miss World beauty competition in London. Claiming that beauty competitions demean women, they achieved their goal when the winner was announced: instead of the Swedish favorite the winner was Miss Grenada, the first black woman to be crowned Miss World. The film will be available for viewing in select theaters and on Video on Demand.
Coming Oct. 2 are the following releases:
- Let’s Scare Julie — Written and directed by Jud Cremata, this horror film follows a group of teen girls who set out to scare their reclusive neighbor, but the prank quickly turns to terror when some of them don’t return. Filmed in real time on a single camera in one uninterrupted, continuous take, the tension in the film rapidly escalates as the girls start to realize the life-altering consequences of their prank. The film will be premiering through digital retailers and VOD.
- The Rising Hawk — Set in a 13th Century Mongolian Empire, The Rising Hawk follows the story of Zakhar Berkut (Robert Patrick) and his wife Rada (Alison Doody) as they lead a group of highlanders in the Carpathian Mountains. Unfortunately, their tranquil existence is soon threatened by Burunda Khan (Tsegmid Tserenbold), a powerful Mongolian general who leads his massive armies west in search of new lands to conquer. The film will be available digitally and on VOD.