Whip Media, an enterprise software platform and data provider, has announced the general availability of Whip Media FASTrack, its new solution that gives FAST channels a single place to see their viewership and reporting data across all their channels and platforms at a title level.
FASTrack will be available to demo at the IBC Show in Amsterdam, Sept. 15-18, 2023, at Booth 5.F85.
The new solution is designed to help FAST channels and small/mid-tier distributors struggling with disparate data coming from multiple sources (including platforms, tech providers and ad servers), and in various formats, often provided with no title-level viewership or revenue reporting from partners, according to Whip.
FASTrack solves this problem, giving FAST channels a centralized source to manage viewership and revenue at a title level wherever their channels are distributed, according to the company. This enables them to better program channels, understand which platforms are working and pay their content providers.
FASTrack supports all streaming video business models including FAST, AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, streaming apps and more, making visible to companies the entirety of their distribution revenue in one place. Finally, FASTrack tracks content provider contracts and generates royalty statements automatically.
“FAST channels require data to be able to make the decisions they need to effectively operate,” Mike Sid, chief strategy officer of Whip Media, said in a statement. “FASTrack reduces the complexity of getting that intelligence, allowing FAST channels to spend their time doing what they do best, develop and distribute compelling content.”
“Whip Media has taken on the challenge of marrying disparate data sources from FAST and AVOD into actionable insights,” Marc Dion, World Poker Tour’s director of distribution and ad sales, said in a statement. “World Poker Tour (WPT) appreciates Whip Media’s collaborative approach to develop FASTrack, making sure to capture details and KPIs that are most meaningful to our business.”
Key features of Whip Media FASTrack include:
- automated retrieval, ingestion and normalization of performance data from FAST/AVOD, SVOD, streaming apps, TVOD/EST and more;
- revenue and viewership allocation down to the title level;
- access to real-time actionable data via a fully customizable report builder and analytics dashboard, and contract management tools for acquired content; and
- automated generation of partner payment statements available in Q4.
The new platform debuts with leading FAST channels including:
- World Poker Tour (WPT), offering internationally televised poker and entertainment with brand presence in land-based tournaments, television, online and mobile;
- Motorvision.TV, the lifestyle and entertainment channel dedicated to live motorsports, car documentaries and the latest car trends;
- OTT Studio, owner and operator of a network of AVOD streaming services and FAST channels; and
- Best Ever Channels, which both creates FAST channels and develops original programming.