Paramount+ has announced its plans for the 2022 San Diego Comic-Con International, which runs July 21-24 at the San Diego Convention Center.
Plans include a “Star Trek”-themed activation and immersive experience, a “Beavis and Butt-Head” photo opportunity, and a chance to step inside the iconic Paramount Mountain at the official Paramount+ booth.
Activations and panels include:
- The “Star Trek” Universe Panel in Hall H, July 23 from 12:45-2:15 p.m., will feature exclusive back-to-back conversations with the casts and executive producers from “Star Trek: Picard,” “Star Trek: Lower Decks” and “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” as they discuss the latest seasons of their series and tease what’s ahead. The moderator will be actress and “Star Trek: Picard” season two director Lea Thompson (Back to the Future). “Star Trek: Picard”cast members scheduled to appear include Patrick Stewart and Gates McFadden, alongside executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Rod Roddenberry. “Star Trek: Lower Decks” will feature voice cast members Jack Quaid, Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Dawnn Lewis, creator and executive producer Mike McMahan, and executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Rod Roddenberry. “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” will have its Hall H debut with cast members Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding and the latest addition to the cast Paul Wesley, along with executive producers Henry Alonso Myers, Alex Kurtzman and Rod Roddenberry.
- Paramount+ will present “Star Trek’s 10 Forward: The Experience,” an immersive “Star Trek” experience with food, intergalactic drinks, photo opportunities, interactive activations and exclusive merchandise. The tickets are sold out, but fans can still purchase exclusive merchandise and enjoy a beverage outdoors in the official “Starfleet Outpost” beer garden. Entry is first come, first served at 340 5th Ave.
- In celebration of the 40th anniversary of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, women-owned ice cream brand Coolhaus will be bringing fans in San Diego free, limited-edition Wrath of P’Khan ice cream sandwiches via a branded The Wrath of P’Khan Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck. The truck will be visiting fans on July 23, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (or while supplies last), at the Petco Park Interactive Zone.
- July 21, 1:30-2:30 p.m. in Hall H, series creator and show runner Jeff Davis and “Teen Wolf the Movie” star Tyler Posey, Tyler Hoechlin, and surprise guests preview the upcoming Paramount+ film, while taking a look back at the iconic series that started it all.
- On July 21, 4:45-5:45 p.m. in Ballroom 20, “Beavis and Butt-Head” creator Mike Judge and a celebrity moderator will discuss the series as well as the upcoming “Beavis and Butt-Head” Paramount+ original series as well as the recently released movie Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe.
- On July 23, 10:15-11:30 a.m. in Ballroom 20, there will be an “Evil” exclusive screening and panel with the cast of the Paramount+ series, including stars Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Christine Lahti and Kurt Fuller. The event will feature an exclusive sneak peek of an episode from season three followed by a panel discussion moderated by Devan Coggan from Entertainment Weekly.
- On July 21, 1-2 p.m. in Room 6BCF, a panel will feature voice talent from “Rugrats,” including E.G. Daily (Tommy), Cheryl Chase (Angelica) and Charlet Chung (Kimi), along with executive producer Eryk Casemiro as they give fans an exclusive look at behind-the-scenes art and sneak peeks of never-before-seen content, perform a live table-read, and provide answers to popular questions. The panel will be moderated by Jim Viscardi, executive editor, Comicbook.com.
- July 21, 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 6BCF, the service will celebrate Nickelodeon’s “SpongeBob SquarePants” and its two original spinoff series, “The Patrick Star Show” and the Paramount+ Original Series “Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years.” Voice talent from all three series — Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Jill Talley (Karen, Squidina), Kate Higgins (Narlene) and Carlos Alazraqui (Nobby) — and executive producers Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller will explore these iconic shows and characters and reveal what to expect next from SpongeBob and the denizens of Bikini Bottom. The panel will be moderated by Patrick Gomez, editor-in-chief, Entertainment Weekly.
- July 22, 2:15-3:15 p.m. in Room 6A, viewers will meet the next generation of heroes in the new original animated series “Transformers: EarthSpark.” From Nickelodeon and Entertainment One, the new Paramount+ Original Series will showcase an insider event that celebrates a new take on the iconic global franchise with a behind-the-scenes look at art, casting and never-before-seen clips, and a first time look at the Hasbro toyline inspired by the series. Featured panelists include series voice talent Danny Pudi (Bumblebee), Kat Khavari (Twitch) and Zeno Robinson (Thrash) along with co-executive producer Dale Malinowski and executive producer Ant Ward. The panel will be moderated by Mike Cecchini, editor-in-chief, Den of Geek.
- At Booth #3529, Paramount+ will be coming to the convention floor with an interactive space for fans to experience “a mountain of entertainment.” Fans can scan a QR code located on a mountain sculpt on the outside of the booth to watch their favorite characters come to life from their phone. Once inside the booth, fans will have the opportunity to experience a mountain climb led by some of their favorite characters from “Star Trek,” Sonic the Hedgehog 2, “SpongeBob Squarepants” and “Halo.” After making the climb, they will be led to a game where they can win different swag as well as take a photo to share on social media.
- At Booth #3729, viewers will be able to step inside Beavis and Butt-Head’s living room for a photo opportunity with the animated duo. New merchandise, including items exclusive to San Diego Comic-Con, will be available for purchase.