Disney+ on Aug. 25 will release five new episodes in the original series “Behind the Attraction,” which takes an inside look at some of Disney Parks’ most iconic attractions.
Executive produced by Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia from Seven Bucks Productions and Brian Volk-Weiss from The Nacelle Company, the five new episodes will focus on the Disney theme parks’ castles; the Disneyland Hotel; the “It’s a Small World” musical ride; the parks’ trains, trams and monorails; and the Hall of Presidents. The five new episodes are:
- “The Castles” — Castles are at the heart of Disney Parks around the world. The original at Disneyland Resort in California quickly became a symbol of The Walt Disney Company on par with Mickey Mouse. Hear the unique story behind each one and learn how Imagineers designed and built them.
- “Disneyland Hotel” — This episode takes a look at the original Disneyland Hotel, which Walt Disney personally pushed through.
- “It’s a Small World” — This attraction’s origins came at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair. If a chance encounter between an Academy Award-winning actress and Walt Disney hadn’t taken place, this beloved attraction might never have been created.
- “Trains, Trams, and Monorails” — Everything moves at Disney Parks, especially the guests — by land, water and air. Walt Disney loved locomotion of all kinds — trains, trams, monorails, and boats — but had a particularly affinity for monorails, which he believed could end traffic congestion in America’s biggest cities.
- “Hall of Presidents” — This unprecedented presidential attraction in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom brings our commanders in chief to life. Walt Disney created the world’s first human Audio-Animatronics figure based on his childhood hero, Abraham Lincoln.