June 16, 2022
CBS and Paramount Home Entertainment will release Star Trek: Picard — Season Two on Blu-ray Disc and DVD Oct. 4. The Blu-ray will also be available in limited-edition Steelbook packaging.
The 10 episodes of the second season of the Paramount+ original series find Admiral Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) and his crew waking up in an alternate 25th century reality in which humanity has formed an evil empire bent on galactic domination, prompting them to go back in time to 2024 to set things right. However, seemingly standing in their way is Picard’s old nemesis Q (John de Lancie), a trickster with the power over time and space.
The cast also includes Jeri Ryan, Alison Pill, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Orla Brady, Santiago Cabrera, Brent Spiner, Annie Wersching, Ito Aghayere and Whoopi Goldberg.
Extras include deleted scenes, a gag reel and several featurettes:
- “The USS Stargazer” — a look at the series’ newest starship;
- “The Chateau” — how production designers transformed Picard’s French manor;
- “The Trial Is Over” — a profile of Q;
- “Rebuilding the Borg Queen” — showcasing the return of another classic “Star Trek” enemy;
- “Picard Props” — property master Jeff Lombardi presents some of the props created for the season;
- “Picard Passages” — follow the characters through time and space to encounter old and new friends, as well as challenges, in the latest season.