April 7, 2020
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) April 7 announced launch of a new YouTube Channel, Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone, with a variety of interactive fun, physical movement, learning, and hands-on activities.
Sony Pictures says its Kids Zone is curated with a wide range of activities that will support families coping with school closures, new work-from-home routines and social distancing.
“A significant portion of Sony Pictures’ workforce is made up of working parents,” said Lexine Wong, senior EVP of worldwide marketing. “The idea of Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone was born from parents on our own team adjusting to working from home and managing home schooling.
“We are proud to offer this resource to help families navigate these new and challenging circumstances, while hopefully having a little fun in the process.”
Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone will feature content from Sony Pictures Animation as well as SPE’s catalog of live-action programming. Viewers can enjoy content from movies such as Peter Rabbit, “The Angry Birds Movie” series, the “Hotel Transylvania” franchise, Center Stage: On Pointe, the “Swan Princess” series and more.
Launch content includes:
- Peter Rabbit “Make Your Own McGregor Garden,” with tips for kids on how to grow their own vegetables and other plants as well as related crafts.
- The Angry Birds 2 “Bird Watching,” taking kids on a virtual trip to the Los Angeles Zoo for an up-close look at eagles, blue birds, toucans and other birds.
- Hotel Transylvania 3 “It’s Party Time,” by Joe Jonas Lyric Video.
- Center Stage: On Pointe “Dance Tutorial with Chloe,” with dancer and actress Chloe Lukasiak and choreographer Monica Proenca teaching fans “Gwen’s” full audition piece from the film.
- The Star “There’s No Me Without You” sing-along with Bo and friends.
- Smurfs: The Lost Village, a “Learn to Draw with Brainy Smurf” tutorial.
- Zathura “Motion Storybook,” read by author Chris Van Allsburg.