July 18, 2018
Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story arrives on digital Sept. 14 in HD and 4K Ultra HD (including Movies Anywhere) and on Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and on-demand Sept. 25 from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
Directed by Ron Howard and starring Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, the film explores Han’s first encounters with future friend and copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), as well as his past alongside fellow street thief Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and career criminal Beckett (Woody Harrelson).
Digital and Blu-ray bonus content includes:
- “Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable,” in which Howard and the cast discuss the making of the film;
- “Team Chewie,” about what it takes to bring a Wookiee to life;
- “Kasdan on Kasdan,” in which Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together;
- “Remaking the Millennium Falcon,” tracking the transformation of the ship;
- “Escape from Corellia,” about the making of the chase through the streets of Corellia;
- “The Train Heist,” which explores the challenges of creating this action sequence, including its remote location and effects;
- “Becoming a Droid: L3-37,” about creating the droid with the actor;
- “Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso,” an in-depth tour of the bar;
- “Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run,” about this famous moment in Star Wars history;
- eight deleted and extended scenes;
- and “The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park,” an exclusive look at the history of the famous ship and how it will translate in Disneyland’s park.
Bonus content may vary by retailer.