April 14, 2020
Sling TV is introducing “Happy Hour Across America,” offering free primetime TV nightly as a public service to American families practicing social distancing at home.
Starting April 14, those new to Sling TV can register to watch free TV every night from 5 p.m. to midnight.
“Since we can’t serve you a beverage or basket of hot wings, we’re introducing a new kind of happy hour — TV ‘on the house’ every night,” Warren Schlichting, group president of Sling TV, said in a statement. “Much like a real happy hour, TV is often a shared experience. So grab your favorite refreshment, tune in with your friends and family, and get those group chats ready.”
As the COVID-19 crisis has unfolded, television news consumption on Sling TV climbed by triple digits over the last month, increasing 164%, according to the service. Viewers have been switching from news to entertainment starting at 6 p.m. EST with peak viewership hitting at 10 p.m. EST across Sling TV’s services, according to the company.
“Happy Hour Across America” opens the Sling Blue service to new Sling customers, offering more than 50 live channels, free cloud DVR and more than 50,000 on-demand titles. It also allows simultaneous viewing on three screens. Sling Blue channels including A&E, AMC, Bravo, CNN, E!, Fox News, FX, HGTV, HLN, MSNBC and TLC.
“Happy Hour Across America” participants will have free access to several series premieres and TV programs, including:
- “Deadliest Catch” (Discovery) season 16 premiere April 14
- “Property Brothers: Forever Home” (HGTV) season 3 premiere April 15
- “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” (Bravo) season 10 premiere April 15
- “What We Do in the Shadows” (FX) season 2 premiere April 15
- “Real Housewives of New York City” (Bravo) season 12, episode 3 April 16
- “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” (E!) season 18, episode 4 April 16
- “90 Day Fiancé: Self-Quarantined” (TLC) limited series premiere April 20
- “Better Call Saul” (AMC) season 5 finale April 20
Consumer can visit sling.com/deals/happy-hour to sign up.