January 6, 2020
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will release the romantic-comedy Last Christmas through digital retailers Jan. 21, and on Blu-ray Disc and DVD Feb. 4.
The film stars Emilia Clarke (“Game of Thrones”) as Kate, who works as an elf at a year-round holiday shop and faces an endless streak of bad luck and poor decision-making until she meets Tom (Henry Golding), a kind-hearted man with a mysterious past who challenges her cynical world view. The cast also includes Michelle Yeoh and Emma Thompson.
Directed by Paul Feig, and co-written by Thompson and Greg Wise, the film earned $35 million at the domestic box office. The film features the music of George Michael, including a never-before-heard track.
Home video extras include an alternate opening and ending; deleted scenes; a blooper reel; a Feig solo commentary; a commentary with Feig and Thompson; a full performance of George Michael’s “Last Christmas”; and several featurettes:
- “Director in Vision” — Feig offers directorial tips and fashion advice;
- “It’s All So Cold” — how Clarke and Golding’s stayed warm while filming in chilly London;
- “Try Not to Laugh” — Clarke and Thompson come down with a severe case of the giggles;
- “A Legacy Revealed” — how the song “Last Christmas” was developed into a film;
- “Pure Golding” — A profile of Henry Golding;
- “Emilia Recording Session” — a recording session with Emilia Clarke;
- “Love Letter to London” — Feig and some of the cast explore London;
- “Santa and Her Elf” — a behind the scenes look at the quirky relationship between Kate and “Santa” (Michelle Yeoh);
- “12 Days of Production” — a chronicle of the production;
- “Paul Feig Takes Over the Tram” – Before Feig became a director he was a Universal Studios tram tour guide in 1981. Hop on the tram and experience part of the tour as Paul takes over the ride.