January 14, 2021
A year after launching its branded streaming media devices in Brazil, Roku Jan. 14 announced a new partnership with television brand Philco that will bring Roku TV models to consumers to the South American country.
The new units will be available in four screen sizes, including 32-inch, 42-inch, 50-inch and 58-inch models, featuring Dolby Audio, integrated wired and wireless connectivity. The 50-inch 4K Ultra HD is already available for purchase online at a recommended retail price of R$ 3,399 ($642).
The TVs will run the latest Roku operating system, offering an intuitive home screen and access to 100,000 movies and TV episodes via thousands of free or paid app channels, including Netflix, Disney+, Globoplay, Telecine, Prime Video and HBO.
“Since we entered the market a year ago, we’ve been pleased with the growth of the Roku brand in Brazil, and now, by partnering with Philco, we will be able to expand our product portfolio with 4K streaming … at an affordable price,” Arthur van Rest, VP of International at Roku, said in a statement.
The Philco brand (which started in 1919) first brought the TV to Brazil in the 1950’s and since then has been innovating with new model launches and becoming a reference in technology. In North America, the Philco brand is owned by Philips. In other markets, the Philco International brand is owned by Electrolux.
“We are living in a moment where the TV has returned to the center of entertainment within the home,” said Cristiane Clausen, executive director of Philco. “Our focus is to provide a cinematographic experience with our new TVs through powerful sound and high definition imagery.”
Other Philco Roku TV features include:
- Simplicity: A simpler smart TV experience that displays all the entertainment options (streaming, cable/satellite, antenna) on one personalized home screen.
- Roku Search: It’s easy to discover something great to watch. Simply search by title or actor to find shows and movies to watch across top channels.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10): 4K Roku TV models support HDR10 content, making colors brighter and richer, particularly in vibrant scenes like landscapes and cityscapes.
- Roku Remote: A simple remote to navigate TV and streaming channels along with channel shortcut buttons.
- Free Roku mobile app: Control the TV via the mobile remote or keyboard, enjoy private listening with headphones, available on both Android and iOS.
- Automatic Software updates: Receive new streaming channels and features automatically without lifting a finger.
The 4K 50-inch and 58-inch Philco Roku TV models also offer Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support. Through AirPlay, Roku customers can stream, control and share their favorite content directly from their iPhone, iPad or Mac to their supported Roku device. HomeKit allows customers to easily and securely control their Roku device with their voice using the Home app and Siri on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, or HomePod.