November 4, 2022
Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment on Nov. 4 announced that its Redbox Free Live TV service has surpassed 150 free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels.
The service has added Fear Factor, Deal or No Deal, The Biggest Loser and Wipeout Xtra FAST channels, all from leading producer-distributor Banijay. Other FAST channels added include Cowboy Way, True Crime Now, Paranormal Files and Snowy River.
The Redbox Free Live TV service can be accessed through the Redbox streaming app for free on Roku, Samsung TVs, LG TVs, Vizio TVs, and many other platforms.
“We have been aggressively adding channels to our Redbox Free Live TV service and expect to accelerate that further in the coming months,” Adam Mosam, chief digital officer of Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, said in a statement. “The addition of these addictive evergreen channels combined with hundreds of hours of newly added genre content adds tremendous value to our growing FAST offering.”
The new Redbox Free Live TV channels include:
- The Biggest Loser — The hit NBC series features 14 overweight contestants who will endure intense workouts and dieting with the goal of becoming The Biggest Loser.
- Cowboy Way — From artisans who’ve mastered their craft to everyday ranchers out to prove they’re the best of the best, the Cowboy Way channel features a curated lineup that highlights the lives of those fueled with unwavering grit, America’s tried-and-true.
- Deal or No Deal — The groundbreaking hit game show hosted by Howie Mandel, where contestants play and deal for a top cash prize in a contest of nerves, luck and raw intuition.
- Fear Factor — “Fear Factor” features contestants willing to put their body and soul on the line for $50,000. It’s not a show for the faint-hearted; participants must confront their most primal fears, try to remain calm, and tap into their inner strength to perform some of the most daring and stomach-churning challenges ever.
- Paranormal Files — The channel explores the supernatural and secret worlds of UFOs, aliens, hauntings, witches, zombies, vampires, conspiracies, the occult and other extraordinary phenomena.
- Snowy River — Inspired by Banjo Paterson’s famous poem, “The Man From Snowy River,” this series is about cattle rancher Matt McGregor, his family, and their neighbors in the township of Paterson’s Ridge in Australia’s Snowy Mountains. It stars Guy Pearce, Hugh Jackman and Josh Lucas.
- True Crime Now — From global documentary streamer MagellanTV, the channel features a collection of more than 1,000 true-crime documentary films and series, with new content added weekly. True Crime Now’s catalog explores everything from notorious serial killers and cult leaders to the worlds of criminal psychology, organized crime, the paranormal and more.
- Wipeout Xtra — The home of physical and exciting game shows, where viewers can witness unexpected challenges.