February 28, 2019
Mill Creek Entertainment’s slate of home video releases for May 2019 includes Blu-rays for films such as Eyes of Laura Mars, Anaconda and Ghosts of Mars, plus ‘Aladdin’ and ‘Robin Hood’ tie-in DVDs.
Among the titles due May 14:
- Eyes of Laura Mars Blu-ray — Faye Dunaway stars in this 1978 film as a controversial fashion photographer who has a premonition about people she knows being murdered, drawing the attention of a police detective played by Tommy Lee Jones.
- Anaconda Blu-ray/DVD combo — A 1997 thriller starring Jennifer Lopez, Eric Stoltz and Jon Voight as a documentary film crew searching the Amazon River for a mysterious tribe and encountering a giant snake. The cast also includes Ice Cube, Owen Wilson, Kari Wuhrer and Danny Trejo.
- Ghosts of Mars Blu-ray — Directed by John Carpenter, this 2001 film involves a mining operation on Mars uncovering an ancient civilization whose warriors are systematically taking over the bodies of the human colonists.
- A Thousand and One Nights: The Story of Aladdin DVD — Includes eight adaptations of the “Arabian Nights” folk tales. The collection includes 1945’s A Thousand and One Nights, 1959’s 1001 Arabian Nights, 1951’s The Magic Carpet, the 2000 TV miniseries Arabian Nights, the 1990 Aladdin TV musical, a 1960 “Aladdin” cartoon, the 1934 cartoon Aladdin’s Wonderful Lamp and the 1939 cartoon Popeye Meets Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood: The Complete Series DVD + Digital — The 1955-60 series starred Richard Greene as Robin Hood, whose band of Merry Men fought the tyranny of Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham in Sherwood Forest for 143 episodes.
- Becoming Evil: Serial Killers DVD + Digital – a seven-part documentary series that profiles some of history’s most notorious mass murderers, including John Wayne Gacy, David Berkowitz, Richard Ramirez, James DeAngelo, Aileen Wuornos, Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrew Cunanan and Ted Bundy.
- Black Hawk Down: The Untold Story DVD + Digital — a documentary about the heroic efforts of the American soldiers who fought to rescue the special operations forces pinned down at the crash site of a military helicopter during the Battle of Magadishu in Somalia in 1993. The documentary includes never-before-seen footage, with stories told directly by the troops who were on the ground, as well as commentary by General Mark A. Milley, the 39th Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army.
- A Hero’s Welcome: Documentary Collection DVD + Digital — A trilogy of documentaries honoring the sacrifices of America’s greatest heroes. Includes Until They Are Home, about the search for the remains of U.S. Marines killed during the Battle of Tarawa in the South Pacific during World War II; Return to Tarawa, about a World War II veteran returning to the famous battle site; and Never Surrender, the story of the last mounted horse cavalry charge in U.S. military history during an offensive in the Philippine jungle.
- The Shield: The Complete Series DVD — featuring the 2018 cast reunion with creator Shawn Ryan and the ATX Festival writers panel that were included with last year’s complete-series Blu-ray boxed set.