January 18, 2018
Random Media has announced the acquisition and release dates for 12 new films in early 2018.
The initial 2018 slate includes worldwide debuts bowing on a variety of platforms including DVD, streaming and video-on-demand.
“We’re excited to start 2018 with a star-studded line-up of films from the extraordinary worldwide pool of filmmakers who are telling powerful stories with both narrative features and documentaries,” said Random Media CEO and founder Eric Doctorow. “As we enter our company’s fourth year we continue to grow, driven by our dynamic distribution and platform partners.”
The Random Media feature film slate bowing from January to April includes:
- Blue World Order, a sci-fi adventure set in a post-apocalyptic world ravaged by a virus starring Jake Ryan and Billy Zane, available now;
- Dark Meridian, the story of a corrupt New Orleans detective who gets caught up in a fight between two criminal gangs, due Jan. 23;
- From Hollywood to Rose, a comedy adventure about a middle-aged woman in a bridal gown who boards a city bus in the middle of the night, coming Feb. 6;
- Lucky U Ranch, a 1950s period drama about a bullied 11-year-old Arizona boy befriended by a free-spirited Hollywood girl, due Feb. 13;
- Sensitivity Training, a female buddy comedy about an abrasive microbiologist forced into sensitivity training with a personal coach, coming Feb. 27;
- Josephine Doe, about two friends who find themselves in trouble with the law, which reveals an unsettling truth, due March 6;
- Night Bird Song: The Incandescent Life of Thomas Chapin, a documentary about the life and music of the jazz great, coming March 20;
- The Unattainable Story, the story of a controlling stage director starring Harry Hamlin, due March 27;
- Trouble Is My Business, a 1940s noir story starring Vernon Wells and Brittney Powell, coming April 3;
- Mighty Ground, a documentary that follows a homeless singer, due April 10;
- The Aliens, a sci-fi drama about a UFO believer, coming April 17; and
- The Depths, a psychological thriller about two screenwriters so desperate for success that they decide to fully explore the depths of murder and crime in their story, due April 24.