November 15, 2021
The Searchlight Pictures horror thriller Antlers will be released digitally Dec. 21, and on Blu-ray and DVD Jan. 4 from Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution.
Directed by Scott Cooper and produced by Guillermo del Toro, the film explores the myth of the dreaded “wendigo” as a small-town Oregon teacher (Keri Russell) and her brother (Jesse Plemons), the local sheriff, seek to help a troubled young boy who possesses a strange secret.
Bonus features include:
- “The Evil Within,” in which co-writer/director Scott Cooper offers a glimpse of the layers at play in his approach to making Antlers;
- “An Exploration of Modern Horror with Guillermo del Toro,” in which del Toro traces the lineage of elevated horror in cinema, discussing the connection between mythology and human behavior;
- “Artifacts and Totems,” in which the filmmakers discuss how they created this world of a small, tight-knit Northwest community of working-class Americans;
- “Gods Walk Among Us,” an in-depth exploration of the digital and practical effects used to create the film’s primal creatures;
- “Cry of the Wendigo,” about the folklore behind the wendigo from the film’s First Nations consultants;
- “Metamorphosis,” about actor Scott Haze’s preparation for filming, including how he lost some 70 pounds in order to play a deeply tragic character; and
- “Comic-Con @ Home with Scott Cooper and Guillermo del Toro,” in which Steve Weintraub moderates the Comic-Con@Home 2020 panel interview with del Toro and Cooper.