March 23, 2021
The Disney+ original series “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” was the top rising show on the TV Time chart for the week ended March 21.
The limited series, which launched March 19, features Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie reprising their Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero roles. The mismatched duo teams up for a global adventure.
Netflix’s “Sky Rojo” took the silver on the rising show chart. The Spanish series, which began streaming March 19, follows a fatal turn of events at a brothel that sends three women on a wild run from their pimp and his henchmen.
Taking the bronze on the rising show chart was the Apple TV+ series “Calls,” which also hit screens March 19. Told through a series of interconnected phone conversations, it chronicles the mysterious story of a group of strangers whose lives are thrown into disarray in the lead-up to an apocalyptic event. The series stars Lily Collins, Nick Jonas and Pedro Pascal.
Meanwhile, “Attack on Titan” again took the top spot on TV Time’s binge chart for the week. The anime series is based on the manga and is set in a world where humanity lives within cities surrounded by enormous walls that protect them from gigantic man-eating humanoids referred to as Titans.
Netflix’s “Ginny & Georgia,” which hit screens Feb. 24, came in second on the binge chart. It follows angsty and awkward 15-year-old Ginny Miller, who often feels more mature than her 30-year-old mother, the dynamic Georgia Miller. After years on the run, Georgia desperately wants to put down roots in picturesque New England and give her family something they’ve never had — a normal life. But Georgia’s past threatens her and her family’s new way of life.
TV Time, a Whip Media company, is a free TV viewership tracking app that tracks consumers’ viewing habits worldwide and is visited by almost 1 million consumers every day, according to the service. The weekly “Binge Report” ranks shows with the most binge sessions. A binge session is when four or more episodes of a show are watched and tracked in the app in a given day. The “Shows on the Rise” chart is calculated by determining the week-over-week growth in episodes watched for a given program. The network displayed is the network where the show first aired (e.g. “Friends” on NBC).
Top Binge Shows Week Ended March 21 by Share of Binges:
- “Attack on Titan” (NHK) — 2.39%
- “Ginny & Georgia” (Netflix) — 2.06%
- “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC U.S.) — 2.04%
- “Modern Family” (ABC U.S.) — 2.04%
- “One Piece” (Fuji TV) — 1.55%
- “Formula 1: Drive to Survive” (Netflix) — 1.35%
- “The Office” (U.S.) (NBC) — 1.27%
- “New Amsterdam” (NBC) — 1.20%
- “Naruto Shippuden” (TV Tokyo) — 1.10%
- “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (NBC) — 1.04%
Top “Shows on the Rise” Week Ended March 21 by Rise Ratio:
- “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” (Disney+) — 100%
- “Sky Rojo” (Netflix) — 100%
- “Calls” (Apple TV+) — 99.6%
- “Formula 1: Drive to Survive” (Netflix) — 94.3%
- “Mayans M.C.” (FX) — 90.3%
- “B: The Beginning” (Netflix) — 85.1%
- “Mother’s Love” (Rede Globo) — 83.6%
- “Super Dragon Ball Heroes” (YouTube) — 76.1%
- “All Rise” (CBS) — 72.8%
- “The One” (Netflix) — 66.4%