‘F9’ Repeats as Disc Sales Champ for Second Week

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment’s F9: The Fast Saga spent a second week as No. 1 on the NPD VideoScan First Alert chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart the week ended Oct. 2.

The latest “Fast & Furious” film focuses on Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) confronting his brother (John Cena) over a device that can take over every computer in the world.

The No. 2 title on both charts for a second week was Disney-owned Marvel’s Black Widow, which in its third week sold about 40% as many copies as F9 in its second.

Follow us on Instagram!

The week’s top newcomer, at No. 3 on the overall disc sales chart and No. 4 on the Blu-ray Disc chart, was Universal’s The Forever Purge. The fifth film in the “Purge” franchise earned $44.5 million at the domestic box office. The film had 13% of its unit sales come from the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray edition, but just 39% from regular Blu-ray, for a total Blu-ray share of 52%.

The No. 3 Blu-ray Disc seller, and No. 4 overall, in its second week was Disney’s Cruella.

Rounding out the top five overall sales chart was Disney’s 1993 spooky comedy Hocus Pocus, which was No. 10 on the Blu-ray chart.

The No. 5 Blu-ray seller, and No. 7 overall, was Zack Snyder’s Justice League, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

No. 6 on both charts was DreamWorks Animation’s The Boss Baby: Family Business, from Universal Pictures.

Subscribe HERE to the FREE Media Play News Daily Newsletter!

F9 also repeated as No. 1 on the Media Play News rental chart for the week ended Oct. 3, with Forever Purge debuting at No. 2.

Black Widow was No. 3, Boss Baby: Family Business was No. 4, and Cruella was No. 5, each down one spot from the previous week.

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 10-2-21
Top 20 Rentals for Week Ended 10-3-21
Top 20 Selling Blu-ray Discs for Week Ended 10-2-21
Top 20 Blu-ray Market Share for Week Ended 10-2-21
Sales Report for Week Ended 10-2-21
Digital Transactions Snapshot for Week Ended 10-4-21

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

1 × five =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.