September 24, 2020
AMC Networks Sept. 24 announced that Miguel Penella, president of SVOD, is adding AMC+ to his portfolio of over-the-top video services, which includes Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now and UMC. Penella joined AMC Networks following its 2018 acquisition of RLJ Entertainment, where he served as CEO.
Shudder recently became the second of AMC Networks’ SVOD services to surpass the 1 million subscriber milestone, following Acorn TV, which reached that mark last September.
“Miguel is a seasoned executive with an extensive track record building successful SVOD products and brands and under his leadership our targeted SVOD services have had tremendous growth,” Ed Carroll, COO of AMC Networks, said in a statement. “We look forward to Miguel bringing his vision and deep expertise to AMC+ as we accelerate our ability to serve fans of our shows by embracing the new ways they are consuming our content.”
AMC+ is a $6.99 monthly service that brings together content from AMC Networks’ suite of premium brands. It includes original series from AMC and sister networks, ad-free with early premieres on demand, along with AMC Networks’ subscription video-on-demand services Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited, and also includes a premium linear network. AMC+ is currently offered to Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity Flex customers as well as to Dish Network and Sling TV customers.
- AMC — offers current seasons of hit series from AMC and its sister networks like IFC and SundanceTV anytime, ad-free, including “The Walking Dead” and “NOS4A2,” plus extras including bonus footage, sneak peeks of future episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes features.
- Shudder — with more than 1 million subscribers, Shudder offers fans of horror and suspense the largest uncut selection of series and films, including original hit series “Creepshow” and acclaimed documentary Horror Noire.
- Sundance Now — offers a rich selection of original and exclusive series from true crime to heart-stopping dramas and thrillers from around the world, including “A Discovery of Witches,” “Riviera” and “Killing for Love.”
- IFC Films Unlimited — offers a broad collection of theatrically-released and award-winning titles from IFC Films, the leader in quality talent-driven independent film.
- Linear Network — includes an ad-free linear channel with some of the best programming AMC has to offer.
SVOD services also include:
- Acorn TV – Acorn is North America’s largest streaming service specializing in British and international television with over 1 million paid subscribers in the U.S and Canada and subscribers worldwide in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Latin America.
- UMC — the first subscription streaming service created for black audiences, it features a broad mix of original series, network TV shows, classic sitcoms and feature films.