News

‘Dune: Part Two’ Remains No. 1 on Disc Sales Charts for Second Week

‘Dune: Part Two’ Remains No. 1 on Disc Sales Charts for Second Week

Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment’s Dune: Part Two remained No. 1 on the Circana VideoScan chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc chart the week ended May 25.

Director Denis Villeneuve’s adaptation of the second half of Frank Herbert’s famed sci-fi novel earned $282 million at the domestic box office. With 28% of its total unit sales coming from 4K disc sales, Dune: Part Two was also No. 1 on the 4K disc sales chart. The regular Blu-ray accounted for 42% of sales, totaling 70% of sales in HD formats.

The collection of both of Villeneuve’s “Dune” dropped a spot to No. 3 on the overall disc sales chart, accounting for another 16.8% of consumers snatching up the sequel. It was No. 12 on the Blu-ray chart and No. 11 on the 4K chart.

The first installment, 2021’s Dune: Part One, was No. 7 overall and No. 3 on the Blu-ray and 4K charts.

Up two spots to No. 2 overall was Warner’s release of MGM’s The Beekeeper in its fifth week, selling 21.2% as many copies as the top seller. It was No. 2 on the Blu-ray chart and No. 20 on the 4K chart. The film stars Jason Statham as a former secret agent who comes out of retirement to eliminate a network of computer scammers.

No. 4 on both the overall and Blu-ray charts was Lionsgate’s Imaginary, about a woman who discovers her stepdaughter’s imaginary friend is terrorizing the family.

Top 20 Disc Sellers for Week Ended 5-25-24
Top 20 Selling Blu-ray and 4K Discs for Week Ended 5-25-24
Top HD Formats Disc Share Per Title for Week Ended 5-25-24
Digital Transactions Snapshot for Week Ended 5-27-24

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × five =

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.