November 5, 2019
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has announced home release dates for Downton Abbey, the hit movie based on the celebrated PBS TV series.
The film, which earned $94.5 million in North American movie theaters, will be available digitally Nov. 26, and on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and on demand on Dec. 17, the studio said.
Aimed at holiday gift-givers, the home versions come with a broad variety of bonus features, including exclusive conversations with the cast, deleted scenes and a recap of the Emmy Award-winning TV series, from Carnival Films.
The Downton Abbey film will also be available in a Deluxe Limited Edition, featuring the Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and digital code, presented in exclusive packaging along with a collectible photo book and recipe cards.
The feature film stars original cast members from the TV series as well as a host of newcomers. The film chronicles the Crawley family one year after the conclusion of the series, as they prepare for the most important moment of their lives: an impending visit from the Royal Family.
- Blu-ray, DVD and digital extras include:
- Deleted scenes
- Cast conversations – exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast.
- “The Royal Visit” – A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera.
- “True to the Twenties” – A look at how Downton Abby was loyal to the grandeur of the 1920s.
- “Welcome to Downton Abbey” – A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the Downton Abbey franchise.
- “The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes” – A feature on writer Julian Fellowes.
- Feature commentary with director Michael Engler
A recap of the TV series will be included on the Blu-ray Disc and iTunes digital versions only.