July 25, 2019
The live-action adaptation of the animated classic Aladdin lands in homes on digital HD and 4K (including Movies Anywhere) Aug. 27 and 4K Ultra HD disc, Blu-ray and DVD Sept. 10 from Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International.
At the same time, the original animated classic Aladdin will come out on digital HD and 4K (including Movies Anywhere) Aug. 27 and 4K Ultra HD disc, Blu-ray and DVD Sept. 10, joining the Walt Disney Signature Collection. Aladdin is the 10th title to join the classic collection.
Starring Will Smith, Naomi Scott and Mena Massoud, the live action film, which earned $341.9 million at the domestic box office, follows the tale of the lovable “street rat” Aladdin (Massoud), courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine (Scott), and the larger-than-life Genie (Smith).
The digital presell includes the bonus feature “Make Way for Prince Ali,” a look at the design of the scene in the movie. As a digital exclusive bonus, consumers get “Speechless: Creating a New Song for Jasmine,” about the song written especially for the live-action film.
Other bonus features for the live-action film on Blu-ray and digital include:
- “Aladdin’s Video Journal: A New Fantastic Point of View,” featuring behind-the-scenes moments captured by Massoud (Aladdin);
- the deleted song “Desert Moon,” a duet performed by Jasmine and Aladdin, fully shot and edited, with an introduction by composer Alan Menken;
- “Guy Ritchie: A Cinematic Genie,” about the director;
- “A Friend Like Genie,” about Smith’s performance;
- deleted scenes;
- and music videos for “Speechless” performed by Naomi Scott, “A Whole New World” performed by ZAYN and Zhavia Ward, and “A Whole New World” (“Un Mundo Ideal”) performed by ZAYN and Becky G.
The animated classic Aladdin Blu-ray and digital releases include 40 bonus features from previous releases as well as new features:
- “Sing Along With the Movie,” with on-screen lyrics;
- “Aladdin on Aladdin,” featuring the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin;
- “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty: The Voices of Aladdin,”about the voice actors;
- and alternate endings.
A digital exclusive bonus is “Drawing Genie,” following animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.