December 14, 2021
Disney+ on Dec. 14 announced that five new episodes of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum,” from National Geographic, will be available to stream beginning Jan. 19.
In this final installment of the second season, Goldblum brings viewers back to uncover secrets behind seemingly familiar topics and objects like motorcycles, backyards, puzzles, birthdays and tiny things.
The five new episodes are:
- Puzzles: Goldblum puts his brain to the test as he embarks on an adventure with some bona fide geniuses to discover our fascination with puzzles. From working with a team of escape room enthusiasts and landing planes to a wild jazz improvisation session with Shimon, a marimba-playing robot, he discovers how puzzles are more than just a hobby; they are the means through which we solve some of life’s greatest problems.
- Backyards: Goldblum measures perfectly manicured lawns and sets sail with swashbuckling pirates before scaling some of the tallest trees in the world and linking up with the Wood Wide Web. Along the way, he also helps a community garden and discovers how nurturing nature helps plants and humans to grow together.
- Birthdays: Goldblum unwraps the weird and wacky ways we celebrate birthdays — from a heartwarming birthday party to partaking in some daredevil deeds with a septuagenarian.
- Tiny Things: Goldblum grabs his magnifying glass for a close-up at how LEGOs help kids to be adults and adults to be kids to cooking a gourmet meal for a panel of discerning judges and diving for some marvelous microorganisms.
- Motorcycles: Goldblum challenges preconceived notions of bikers by exploring a cliché-busting all-woman club to the cutting-edge customization of electric motorcycles.
The first batch of episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” premiered on Nov. 12 in celebration of Disney+ Day.
“The World According to Jeff Goldblum” is produced by Nutopia for National Geographic.