August 31, 2021
DC Fandome, an online Comic-Con alternative for WarnerMedia properties, will return Saturday, Oct. 16, at 10 a.m. PT.
The free virtual event will once again give fans of superhero, sci-fi and other genre programming a chance to immerse themselves in content at DCFanDome.com and celebrate the stars and creators of their favorite feature films, live-action and animated television series, games, comics, home entertainment releases and more. Casts and creators behind fan-favorite DC games, comics, movies and TV shows will gather to unveil breaking news, exclusive trailers and announcements, never-before-seen footage, revealing conversations, and more surprises in the DC FanDome.
“DC FanDome 2020 was a first-of-its kind global virtual fan experience and showcased every aspect of the DC Universe with unprecedented scale and access. This year, we’re taking everything that people loved about DC FanDome and supercharging it to super-serve fans with even more exclusive first-looks, breaking news, in-depth interviews and insight from the stars and creative teams of their favorite DC content,” Ann Sarnoff, chair and CEO of WarnerMedia Studios and Networks Group, said in a statement.
The 2020 event generated more than 22 million global views across 220 countries and territories with more than 150 million views of trailer content.
DC FanDome 2021 will stream via Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, giving fans more ways to watch the events unfolding in DC FanDome’s Hall of Heroes. Additionally, DC Kids FanDome will launch the same day with a special kid-friendly experience accessed separately at DCKidsFanDome.com.
Among the schedule for DC FanDome 2021:
- Warner Bros. Pictures will showcase six titles, with an exclusive trailer for The Batman, new content from DC League of Super-Pets, a first look at Black Adam, a sneak peek at The Flash, and behind-the-scenes looks at Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and Shazam! Fury of the Gods.
- Warner Bros. Television will offer a look at new seasons of “Batwoman,” “The Flash,” “Superman & Lois” and “Sweet Tooth”; a farewell tribute to “Supergirl” as it approaches its finale after six seasons; a celebration of 100 episodes of “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”; a first look at forthcoming new drama “Naomi”; and a sneak peek at an upcoming episode of “DC’s Stargirl.”
- Warner Bros. Games will feature new reveals from the highly anticipated Gotham Knights, developed by Warner Bros. Games Montréal, and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, developed by Rocksteady Studios.
- HBO Max will unveil an exclusive look at the upcoming series “Peacemaker” and limited event series “DMZ.” The streamer is also debuting more surprises and sneak peeks from new series as well as returning favorites such as “Titans” and “Doom Patrol.” All four series hail from Warner Bros. Television.
- Warner Bros. Animation will feature a look at the upcoming limited series “Aquaman: King of Atlantis”; provide a sneak peek at season three of the adult animated comedy series “Harley Quinn” and share what’s in store for #HarIvy; deliver a very early look at the next animated chapter of the Dark Knight in the all-new upcoming series “Batman: Caped Crusader”; and give fans a preview of “Young Justice: Phantoms” (promoters have issued a spoiler warning).
- Warner Bros Home Entertainment will preview two upcoming original DC Animated Films: a sneak peek at Superman and the rest of the Justice League in Injustice, an all-new animated movie inspired by the popular games and comic, as well as the premiere of the trailer for the all-new animated heist movie Catwoman: Hunted. Both movies are produced in association with Warner Bros. Animation.
- DC publishing will showcase a number of upcoming comic books, including tie-ins to the 80th anniversary of Wonder Woman.
Through the end of October, Warner Bros. Consumer Products is offering the DC FanDome Shop in the United States with additional territories around the world to follow, allowing fans from across the globe to stock up on DC FanDome apparel, accessories, collectibles and more. Featuring exclusive DC Comics merchandise, the DC FanDome Shop will drop new items every week leading up to the main event Oct. 16.
In addition, leading up to DC FanDome and the event day itself, online comics database DC Universe Infinite will be releasing more than 300 comics and graphic novels available to read for free with registration. New titles will be available each week, starting with the complete storyline of Flashpoint, fan-favorite series Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol. 1 and, available for the first time on DC Universe Infinite, The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes.