June 7, 2021
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution will make Cruella available through digital retailers June 25, with a release on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and 4K Ultra HD to follow on Sept. 21.
The film, a prequel to 101 Dalmatians, follows the early years of the villainous Cruella de Vil (Emma Stone), when she was a young grifter named Estella during the punk rock revolution in 1970s London. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman (Emma Thompson), setting off a chain of events that leads Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
The cast also includes Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, Emily Beecham, Kirby Howell-Baptiste and Mark Strong.
The film earned $43.7 million at the domestic box office and is also available as a $29.99 Premier Access add-on to the Disney+ streaming service.
The 4K disc will include Dolby Atmos, while the regular Blu-ray will feature 7.1 DTS-HDMA. Extras include bloopers, two deleted scenes and several featurettes:
- “The Two Emma’s” — about the two lead actresses and how they prepared for their roles;
- “The Sidekick Angle” — about Fry and Hauser as Jasper and Horace;
- “Cruella Couture” — a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most fashionable moments in the movie;
- “The World of “Cruella” — an exploration of the city locations and elaborate sets of Cruella;
- “New Dogs … Old Tricks” — a look at the animal actors of the film;
- “Cruella 101” — a look at Easter eggs hidden in the film and connections to other movies.