May 3, 2021
The family classic Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory will be released on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray combo pack and 4K digital June 29 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment for its 50th anniversary.
Directed by Mel Stuart from a screenplay by Roald Dahl, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is an adaptation of Dahl’s 1964 novel “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory stars Gene Wilder as Wily Wonka, Jack Albertson as Grandpa Joe, Peter Ostrum as Charlie Bucket, Roy Kinnear as Mr. Salt, Julie Dawn Cole as Veruca Salt, Leonard Stone as Mr. Beauregarde, Denise Nickerson as Violet Beauregarde, Dodo Denney as Mrs. Teevee and Paris Themmen as Mike Teevee.
The musical follows a boy named Charlie who wins a whirlwind tour of Willy’s incredible, edible realm of chocolate waterfalls, elfish Oompa-Loompas and industrial-sized confections.
The combo pack will include the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc with the feature film and special features, which include:
- Commentary with the Wonka Kids;
- “Pure Imagination: The Story of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory”;
- “The Moviemakers”;
- “Scrumptious Sing-Along: Pure Imagination”;
- “Scrumptious Sing-Along: I Want It Now!”;
- “Scrumptious Sing-Along: I’ve Got A Golden Ticket”;
- “Scrumptious Sing-Along: Oompa-Loompa-Doompa-De-Do”; and
- The theatrical trailer.