December 20, 2021
Cinedigm Dec. 20 announced a streaming deal with Shout! Factory, giving the latter’s ad-supported Shout! Factory TV platform access to more than 40 movies and TV series, including The English Teacher, 22 Bullets and season one of “Wolfblood.” In addition, Cinedigm will receive more than 120 Shout Factory films and TV series to distribute across its streaming channels, including Fandor, Screambox and Bloody Disgusting TV.
“Given our long-standing relationship with Shout! Factory, we are furthering our company’s objectives to offer our catalog to targeted audiences,” Yolanda Macias, chief content officer at Cinedigm, said in a statement.
Shout! Factory titles streaming on Cinedigm platforms include:
- The Plague Dogs: An animated adaptation of Richard Adams’ novel, The Plague Dogs follows a pair of dogs who escape from a research laboratory and try to survive in the wild with the help of a cunning fox. Launching on Fandor.
- The Slumber Party Massacre: A horror cult classic about a group of female high school students whose slumber party is stalked by a serial killer. Launching on Screambox and Bloody Disgusting TV.
- On Golden Pond: The Academy Award-winning film featuring Henry Fonda, Katharine Hepburn and Jane Fonda. Launching on Fandor.
- The Count of Monte Cristo: A young man, falsely imprisoned by his jealous “friend”, escapes and uses a hidden treasure to exact his revenge. Launching on Fandor.
- Camp Cold Brook: A paranormal team sets to check out an abandoned summer camp where a mass murder occurred decades ago. Launching on Screambox and Bloody Disgusting TV.
- Raining Stones: The Cannes Film Festival Jury Prize-winning film by celebrated British auteur Ken Loach, about a man devoted to his family and his religion, who is determined to make sure his little girl to have a beautiful (and costly) new dress for her First Communion. Launching on Fandor.
- The House That Dripped Blood: Four tales of terror regarding the events at a creepy old mansion that features Horror icons Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Launching on Screambox and Bloody Disgusting TV.
- The Neon Bible: British auteur Terence Davies’ Palme d’Or Nominee featuring Gena Rowlands in this heartfelt portrait of a boy’s life in rural 1940s Southern Town. Launching on Fandor.
Cinedigm titles coming to Shout! Factory TV include:
- The English Teacher: An English teacher’s life is disrupted when a former student returns to her small town after failing as a playwright in New York.
- 22 Bullets: A retired mobster goes on a revenge spree after being left for dead with 22 bullets in his body by his former childhood friend.
- Wolfblood: Season 1: Maddy Smith and her family are the only wolfbloods in Stoneybridge, which is a well-kept secret. They lead a peaceful life until Rhydian, a wolfblood, arrives and triggers chaos.
- Short Term 12: A staff member at a foster care facility works to balance caring for the teens and the struggles of her own childhood. Starring Brie Larson, Rami Malek, Stephanie Beatriz and LaKeith Stanfield.
- Highlander: Season 1: the cult series from the 90s about the 400-year-old Scotsman Duncan MacLeod, who’s one of the immortals — a group of entities who for centuries have waged a war between good and evil that’s destined to culminate in the Gathering … where only one force can triumph.
“In the burgeoning world of AVOD, SVOD and FAST channels, having the right content mix is critical to building a successful digital streaming business,” Gene Pao, EVP of strategy and digital at Shout! Factory, said in a statement. “Our collaborative relationship with Cinedigm allows us to offer the best possible programming to our respective audiences. This unique partnership allows both Shout! Factory and Cinedigm maintain its leadership position in the industry.”