March 3, 2021
Cinedigm announced that 11 of its free, ad-supported streaming services are now live on TCL Channel, the streaming entertainment service from Chinese consumer electronics brand TCL, on select smart TVs in North America. Introduced in North America in 2014, TCL is now the second-largest TV brand in the United States, in addition to being the manufacturer of Roku-branded TVs.
TCL Channel is a family entertainment hub featuring a hand-picked collection of ad-supported free movies, TV shows and streaming channels. The platform features drama, reality, comedy and variety from around the world, free with no subscription required.
“TCL has quickly risen to be one of America’s most popular consumer electronics brands, and we are excited to be one of the top suppliers on the TCL Channel” Erick Opeka, chief strategy officer and president of digital networks at Cinedigm, said in a statement. “Smart TVs are at the epicenter of the streaming revolution, and TCL’s expansive install base will bring our networks to tens of millions of new users.”
Cinedigm is majority-owned by Bison Capital, a Hong Kong-based investment firm. Cinedigm channels now on TCL include:
- BAMBU — The best in Chinese cinema and TV.
- Bloody Disgusting — The #1 horror destination featuring an assortment of celebrated cult favorites, original series, and exclusive content.
- The Bob Ross Channel — Official channel dedicated to the work of iconic painter Bob Ross.
- Comedy Dynamics — The tastemaker for comedy featuring standup performances by Jim Gaffigan, Tiffany Haddish, Ali Wong, Marc Maron and many more.
- CONtv — The destination for cult and retro film and TV series.
- CONtv Anime — 24×7 anime.
- Docurama — Award-winning true-life documentaries, films and TV series. An eclectic mix of thought-provoking entertainment.
- Dove Channel — Family movies and iconic TV series including Heartland, Andy Griffith Show, and The Lucy Show.
- MyTime Movie Network — Dedicated to the movies we love- heart-stopping thrillers, date night romcoms, heartwarming holiday favorites, and original programming.
- So … Real — British and Australian lifestyle and reality TV series, including ‘Gordon Behind Bars’ and ‘Only Way is Essex,’ from All3 Media.
- Whistle TV — Sports and lifestyle entertainment for today’s fan.