November 27, 2018
As expected, Amazon Nov. 27 said Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history with more products ordered worldwide than any other day – including the ecommerce behemoth’s annual Prime Day.
Amazon said consumers worldwide ordered more than 18 million toys and more than 13 million fashion items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
Adobe Analytics estimated consumers spent more than $7.8 billion shopping on Cyber Monday.
“Black Friday and Cyber Monday continue to break records on Amazon year over year,” Jeff Wilke, CEO, worldwide consumer, said in a statement. “With curated gift guides, convenient shopping experiences, product selection, and free shipping, Amazon offers customers tremendous value.”
Weekend highlights included:
- Sales by small and medium-sized businesses worldwide grew more than 20% on Black Friday year-over-year.
- Throughout the five-day Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday period, Amazon customers ordered more than 180 million items.
- Christmas lights were a bestseller on Prime Now.
- The best-selling products at Amazon 4-star and Amazon Books over the weekend included the Echo Dot, Becoming by Michelle Obama, the Amazon Smart Plug, and the L.O.L. Surprise Series toys.
- Customers ordered more than four million toys and electronics on the mobile app on Black Friday.
- The best-selling products on Cyber Monday included the Echo Dot, AncestryDNA: Genetic Testing Ethnicity, Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices, Becoming by Michelle Obama, Jenga, and Instant Pot DUO60 – 6 Quart.
- The all-new Echo Dot was the #1 selling product on Amazon globally, from any manufacturer, in any category.