Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will release the “Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection” on May 22, in time for the theatrical debut of Jurassic Word: Fallen Kingdom, the fifth installment in the series due in theaters June 22.
Available for the first time ever in 4K Ultra HD and featuring newly remastered versions of the films, the collection also includes Blu-ray and Digital via the Movies Anywhere app. The set features book-style packaging and hours of bonus content, including deleted scenes, storyboards, interviews and behind-the-scenes featurettes.
Jurassic Park, based on the best-selling book by Michael Crichton, won three Academy Awards, spawned a series of sequels, and continues to be one of the highest-grossing franchises of all time, grossing more than $3 billion worldwide.
The set includes Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park, from director Steven Spielberg; Jurassic Park III, from director Joe Johnston; and Jurassic World, from director Colin Trevorrow. Among the films’ stars are Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
Bonus features include:
- “Return to Jurassic Park,” a six-part documentary featuring interviews with the many of the cast members from the first three films, the filmmakers and Spielberg;
- “Welcome to Jurassic World,” an in-depth look at the creation, look and feel of Jurassic World in whichTrevorrow and Spielberg discuss how the idea of the film came together and how the casting was decided with actors’ commentary on their roles and filming locations;
- “Dinosaurs Roam Once Again,” behind-the-scenes look at the making ofJurassic World’s visual effects, how the dinosaurs came to life and how actors filmed scenes;
- “Jurassic World: All-Access Pass,” in which Pratt and Trevorrow discuss key moments in the film, supported by behind-the-scenes footage and VFX breakdowns;
- deleted scenes;
- and more than 40 additional bonus featurettes from all four films.
The 4K Ultra HD combo pack includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD disc will include the same bonus features as the Blu-ray version in 4K resolution.